If You Give a Mom a Book — Pinocchio
Our Sustaining Book:
Originally, the book I was going to feature was about . . . poop. It was hilarious, though not very sustaining, I suppose. When I asked the boys what their favorite book was this week, the answer was all things Pinocchio.
Hottie Hubby was late in coming home last night, and I was feeling quite tired . . . so the moment I sat down on the couch after dinner to relax last night and imaginary alert went off in the some youngster’s hearts.
They stopped mid-play and teleported over to me judging by how fast they were on the couch.
“Let’s read a book!”
Pinocchio’s nose provides a great visual picture to remind our child of the next time they fib. Better tell the truth–or else woodpeckers are going to land on your nose and peck at your buggers to shrink your nostrils! If you don’t start telling the truth, I’m going to give you some bitter water. No sugar cubes for you to sweeten the lesson you must learn! Or better yet, why don’t you just ask God to forgive you!
And so . . . the story hits home. I am like Pinocchio sometimes. My sons . . . simply liked Pinocchio. They thought he seemed nice. From our brown couch, I suppose he does. But he annoys me. I like the cricket.
What did you read this week?
If you don’t know what a Sustaining Book is check out my first blog post on this topic, If You Give a Mom a Book.
Some things that you could discuss in your blog post would be:
- What is one book that stood out to you this week?
- What was the title of the book, and who were the author(s) and illustrator(s)?
- What conversations did it spark between you and your child?
- Did the book come up randomly in conversation at some point causing your child to create an application on their own?
- Set the scene—where did you sit?
- Did you have anything yummy to eat or drink while reading?
- Was music playing?
- How did reading together help your day?
- What was the story about?
- Did you like the illustrations?
- What was your favorite part about snuggling?
- Why was your book a Sustaining Book?
- Link up 1x a week. My goal is to post every Friday.
- Pick one book—your favorite book from that week.
- Use any one of the suggestions I listed above to include in your post.
- Grab my button on the sidebar to compliment your blog post.
- Enter the exact blog post address in Mr. MckLinky!
- Leave me a comment that you linked up!
I can’t wait to read about your Sustaining Book!