Sprouted Grain, Part 2
If you will recall, I found energy or rather time, to sprout some grain.
Well, I’m done sprouting.
I just need to do some grinding of grain now. But that will come another day. Another Sue Gregg recipe.
After three days of bathing the grain twice a day, I created a desert for my wheat berries.
To do this, I purchased some fiberglass netting (it was supposed to be nylon – but I couldn’t find the nylon netting and I was impatient to start.) I traced around the fruit leather insert tray to get an idea of how large my netting needed to be to fit into the dehydrator.
After the circle was created with my scissors, I cut an X in the middle of the netting so that it would slide over the middle of each dehydrator tray.
All that remained was to add the wheat berries. Might I mention that it is easier to add the wheat berries than get them off the they tray once they are dried.
24 hours later I have very dry and ready to use sprouted wheat berries.
Next step: Sue Gregg soaked whole wheat bread. Maybe tomorrow.
However, tomorrow is a big day . . . we get to take a peak at the sauerkraut that has been lurking above our heads for over two weeks(pictures of that to be revealed tomorrow!).