The Strider Bike Giveaway . . . the celebration continues
Way too much fun.
I wish I had known about this bike from the very beginning.
(Mr. Smackdown is a little bit too big for this bike. Yet he is enticed by it because it is new . . . and if his brother got something new . . . well, it becomes very appealing. Alas, Mr. Smackdown just learned to ride his bike two weeks ago. He needs to let Honey have at it!)
I think all my nieces and my one nephew need this bike. And, of course, your child. Hint. Hint.
I originally intended for Mr. Smiley to enjoy the Strider Running Bike. It is the only bike that allows for short or young children to ride due to how low and adjustable the seat post is. (The bike comes complete with its own wrench or you can purchase a Strider Seat Clamp Quick Release if multiple children are riding the bike.
(Mr. Smiley’s first time to wear a helmet.
Yes, I know it is a dorky helmet. Long story.)
However, I forgot that even though he will be two in a week and a half, all of my children (who tend to run on the larger side for the first few years of their lives) are a little behind the curve developmentally.
So, Mr. Smiley has gone back to training indoors, where the ground is a bit gentler, and the instructor doesn’t get distracted by the neighbor friends.
I quickly discovered that Honey is perfectly suited for the YELLOW bike, which just so happens to be his favorite color. Hmmm . . . I wonder how that happened.
In fact, Honey has created his own course, complete with bumps provided by our wood puzzles.
And if you send him outside . . . he challenges curves and seeks to have a long “run” without touching the ground.
Is all the hype about this bike true?
You know, Elmo was a big craze one year . . . and I just couldn’t jump on board with that. I like toys that teach skills . . . like bow hunting skills (extra entry if you know what movie that comes from). Because the boys come from two parents who have had or are experiencing a current love of cycling, I wanted a “toy” that facilitated a positive way to learn a valuable but difficult skill—balance that leads to independent biking.
I want to be that family or herd that bikes together. We won’t need to join a bike club, eventually we will be our very own pack!
Because I think that Strider Sports is a top-notch company, that remains personable, concerned, and innovative . . . I really wanted to partner with them during my 200 Feedburner Subscriber Celebration. (By the way, I am up to 230 subscribers now! Thanks everyone!)
For this giveaway . . . and yes there is a giveaway, Ryan (the guy on the video that you have to watch) sent me a Strider No Pedal PreBike to review. Following the review, I get to offer you a bike! Any color!
Want to win a Strider Running Bike?
How to Enter (and yes my friends and family can enter . . . I use www.random.org to pick the winner . . . and you aren’t friends with Mr. Random. No one is. So enter to win ON MY BLOG NOT through a FACEBOOK COMMENT.)
Mandatory: Watch the Strider Running Bike video on their home page, and tell me something that you learned.
Optional Entries (meaning write a new and separate comment for each)
- Become a fan of my blog (look over on the right sidebar) and tell me that you are or already were. A little avatar will show up when you follow me through Google Connect.
- Subscribe to the Granola Mom 4 God Feedburner – meaning you will get me in your in-box!
- Visit Strider Sports and tell me what color you would pick and who the bike is for.
- Blog about this giveaway linking to this post.
- Like Strider Running Bike on Facebook and let me know—leave them a comment while you are there.
- Place my Granola Mom 4 God button in a visible location on your blog.
- Follow StriderPreBike on Twitter.
- Tweet about this contest . . . once a day, if you like. (My Twitter name is GranolaMom4God . . . FYI)
- Watch a YouTube video from Strider Sports and tell me what you saw.
- Come back on my birthday (May 13th) and wish me “Happy Birthday!” (I know . . . I’m vain.)
- Read the Advantages page and let me know a fact about the Strider Bike. This page will hook you! It is such a cool bike.
Giveaway Ends: Friday, May 21, 2010.
US residents only!