30 Days of Thanks: Day 1
Connie, over at From the Heart of My “Haus” is celebrating 30 days of Thanks during the month of November.
I think it is a great idea and you should join her/me in practicing gratitude. I even made you a little picture that you can copy and paste the code from my sidebar into each of your posts . . . or even the emails that you send out.
- that’s a great idea . . . if you don’t blog, send out a daily Thankful Email . . . Be sure to include me, thegranolamom4god at gmail dot com.
- or just write down what you are thankful for in a journal.
But please do visit Connie, and leave a comment, because she started all of this! I don’t want to steal her thunder, but give her the credit and idea that God placed on her heart!
- I am thankful for Mr. Smackdown, who is sitting beside me right now. He is watching football with his daddy, and just saw an advertisement for a juicy hamburger from Burger King. Wanting a hamburger myself, since early this morning and in preparation of getting serious tomorrow about losing weight for our anniversary trip (oh, and for the glory of God–thanks Lord’s Table), I asked Mr. Smackdown if he would eat a Steak-n-Shake hamburger (because that is what I really want to eat). He replied, “If it doesn’t have any meat on it.” Silly boy–that would defeat the purpose.
- The Hottie Hubby made my chai for me this morning and brought it up to me while I was getting ready for church.
- All of our leaves are raked (for the time being) and in the compost pile. I loved that my engineering husband created a fence barrier to contain the leaves so that they wouldn’t blow into our neighbor’s yard.
- I’m thankful for the mental picture I captured of the Hottie Hubby taking a nap with Mr. Smackdown and Mr. Me-Too.
- I love how Mr. Smiley signs thank you, while saying it with his mouth closed.
- I am grateful for Julie who suggested we use DryBee’s Fleece Nighttime diaper. I know this sounds silly, but you have no idea how this has helped our night time cloth diapering delima.
- I’m thankful for all of the comments I received on the post I wrote over at Healthy Moms.
- I am grateful for our new fish, Nemo, that the boys won at the Harvest Festival at our church.
- I am delighted at how much the boys enjoyed sharing the love of Jesus last night to those who came to our door.
- I am very grateful to God for keeping us healthy and daily providing all of our needs.