August’s Book Bag
Gooey warm cinnamon rolls, cold brew with a splash of cream, reclining on a beach or sitting in a hammock swing perched on a mountain, all with a good book — these are the things I dream about to relax and unwind. August’s Book Bag (which is just a fancy name for, “What Am I Reading This Month,” features two of my favorite things: cold brew because I started brewing it myself and a good book.
What Was I Reading?
Back in June I posted that I was reading. I have finished some of these books and some are collecting dust.
A Walk in the Woods(abandoned beside the bed)
- Ramona the Pest (Finished and loved this even more as an adult!)
- Better Than Before (I found this book more laid back than I anticipated and it met me where I was at.)
- Never Broken (This was a GREAT book to listen to. You’ll want your earbuds in for this Audible, though.)
- A Door In the Wall (This was read on my Kindle for Classical Conversations Challenge A.)
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi (I listened to this and really enjoyed Nabeel’s perspective. He was a Muslim and taught me a tremendous amount about the Muslim culture and his process to initially logically choose Christianity. He had to count the cost.)
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate (We listened to this in the car. LOVED it!!!)
- Talk Like Ted by Carmine Gallo
What Am I Reading In August?
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst (this arrived in my Faithbox. Faithbox is pretty neat. My monthly subscription helps pay for three meals via Rice Bowls.)
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (I think I’m hooked on her work. This was a birthday gift.)
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown (Everyone seems to be talking about her and I thought I needed to unpack what she has to say! I purchased this with a Barnes gift card.)
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoloeon Hill (This came recommended to me. I’m not entirely sure how I feel about this one as I disagree scripturally with a few points so far. This was also purchased with a Barnes gift card.)
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (this book is for Challenge A)
- Circling the Sun by Paula McLain (I’m so excited — this book arrived as my Book of the Month Subscription box!!!!!!)
What is Book of the Month?
Well, its my kind of adult fun. I love, love, love books. I am a bibliophile. And the Book of the Month club encourages me to read — and to read books that I may not normally choose but are quality reads!
This month you can try Book of the Month Club at the low price of $5 for a 1-month membership using the code READ5.
Where do you purchase your books typically?
I hope you have some great books in your book bag!