AVKO Member Benefits — A Review
Sometimes I am asked to review a product that we currently don’t need or may never need in our schoolroom. But by blogging about it, I am letting my reader, YOU, know about a product that you could potentially benefit from.
And that is where I am coming from today. I recently reviewed a membership to AVKO Foundation.
AVKO Educational Research Foundation strives to provide both free and low-cost materials to teachers and homeschoolers that promote literacy for all, especially for those with learning challenges and/or dyslexia.
5 foundational goals spur this organization on to providing quality materials to its members:
- To determine what makes the learning of reading and spelling so difficult for some and so easy for others.
- To determine what it is about our language that good readers learn without being taught that poor readers don’t.
- To determine whether or not that which poor readers don’t learn is ever systematically taught and if it isn’t, if it can be.
- To devise techniques and materials to enable teachers (or parents) to systematically teach poor readers and/or poor spellers that which schools presently are not teaching.
- To widely disseminate its discoveries of techniques and materials that enable dyslexics to learn to read and to spell.
By purchasing an AVKO basic membership ($25/year) you gain access to:
- Discounts on AVKO printed materials
- Hundreds of dollars worth of free e-books
- Access to their member only section
- An AVKO newsletter with freebies, discounts, resources, and promotions
- Access to founder Don McCabe’s most popular workshop recordings in MP3 format.
- Supplemental Curriculum Materials including word games, worksheets, activities, and more!
- Access to placement tests
Click on the Homeschool Crew banner to read other reviews on this product
As a member of the Homeschool Crew, I was given this product to review, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are delightfully mine .