B.E.E. 90x Challenge: Check-In
But He knows the way I take;
When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
My foot has held fast to His path;
I have kept His way and not turned aside.
I have not departed from the command of His lips;
I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
The B.E.E. 90x Challenge isn’t about outdoing someone . . . or striving to achieve perfection . . . or completing the goal precisely.
It’s about taking 90 days unto the Lord. It’s about setting an attainable goal. A goal with a boundary. A goal with a finite date. Not something you attempt to do for an entire year.
That doesn’t mean you will quit after 90 days . . . but it makes your task doable . . . smaller . . . manageable.
30 days makes a habit. Perhaps after 90 days your habit will become a lifetime commitment. You won’t even think of it as a New Year’s Resolution – which was/is the VERY LAST thing I wanted the B.E.E. 90x Challenge to be for me . . . for you.
B for Bible . . . if you read my Daybook, you know that I had to reroute my reading plan. I had to chart a new course due to only having so many hours in the day . . . I want quality not quantity with the Lord. By all means, if the Lord has called you to reading the Bible in 90 days, I WANT YOU TO. But after conversing with the Hottie . . . I know that I was setting myself up for failure. The time that I do carve out with my Lord needs to be rich. I need a few words that I can chew on throughout the day. I also wanted to be in harmony with the Hottie . . . and he is reading through the Bible chronologically.
It became an easy decision. It will also give us great opportunities for conversation. We will grow closer as a result of fellowshipping over the same text. Perhaps he will even join me for coffee a few times, especially since I made some vanilla syrup for our lattes (thanks Kristen).
This weeks readings are as follows:
Monday . . . . Job 24-28
Tuesday . . . . Job 29-31
Wednesday . . . . Job 32-34
Thursday . . . . Job 35-37
Friday . . . . Job 38-39
Saturday . . . . Job 40-42
Sunday . . . . Genesis 12-15
- Eat three meals a day, trying to avoid snacks unless you are pregnant, nursing or have health challenges
- Consume coconut oil 15-20 minutes before each meal (I use Tropical Traditions)
- Eat a serving of a high calcium food at each meal (bone broth, raw milk, whole milk yogurt or kefir, coconut milk tonic)
- Eat a serving of fermented food (beverage, veggie, yogurt) at least once/day. The goal is to eat one at every meal. And I promise that I will finally give you my water kefir soda recipe in the near future!
- The Eat Fat Lose Fat plan focuses on a lower carbohydrate menu but NOT an avoidance of all carbohydrates. God made carbs . . . so we can’t neglect them.
E is for Exercising . . . You could find me moving to Leslie Sansone Walking DVD, Wii Biggest Loser, and Biggest Loser Yoga. Soon . . . I’m going to be telling you about Wholy Fit with a fabulous giveaway at the end of the 90 days!
How did your first week go? Any successes? Any points for prayer?