Birthday Bash Giveaway: Ring Sling
I’m going to give you a piece of my heart . . . my baby . . . something that personally affected my world of mothering.
A ring sling. Carefully chosen by me. Washed by me. Ironed by me. Sewn by me. Each sling is a piece of me.
When I was pregnant, I vowed to NEVER be one of those moms who held their babies all of the time. There would be boundaries. Rules. Schedules.
And when Mr. Smackdown came along the boundaries, rules, and schedules didn’t work. He cried, and cried, and cried, and cried some more. I thought I would lose my mind. I nearly did.
While at a breast feeding support group (yeah, never thought I would go hang out with a bunch of lactating moms at the same time) I discovered the sling.
Do you hear the angels singing?
And I got one.
And my son was content. I was content. I was able to unload the dishwasher, make dinner, go on a walk, nurse my son discreetly in public, even grocery shop. My world changed. I got out of the house.
The entire time I was “accomplishing” things, the most important thing I was accomplishing was loving my new baby.
However, to purchase that sling, I had to save up some money. Slings were so expensive! I wanted to make this loving tool available to more women. As a result, I began to produce my own slings at a discounted price, focusing on having a relationship with the woman who purchased my sling. I don’t meet the women who use my slings so much anymore, but I do enjoy seeing several women parading about at church in some of my “originals.”
Want to know what you are playing for?
A Granola Mom 4 God Ring Sling with Instructions
Please, please, please . . .do not put more than one entry per comment. I will be using www.random.org to pick the winners. So if you would like for your comments to count, leave individual comments.
All options are worth 1 entry, unless otherwise stated.
- (Mandatory) Tell me which sling is you would like to win — #1, #2, or #3?
- Tweet about this giveaway, making sure to include @GranolaMom4God and leave a comment back at the blog.
- Become one of my fans if you aren’t already!
- Become a follower of me on Twitter or Facebook . . . leave separate comments for this.
- Leave a comment that contains a question you would like to know about me or my family.
- Put my blog, https://jodimckenna.com, on your blog roll in a continuously visible location, not just a blog post.
- Grab my button and place it on your blog for all to see!
- Send out an email (being sure to include me email@example.com) telling your friends about this giveaway. Leave separate comments for each person you sent the email to (just state your friend’s first name, initials, or blog).
Remember, only #1 is mandatory. The rest of the entries are optional, but you MUST comment separately for each one.
The Fine Print: I will email you when you have won. You cannot win more than one giveaway. I must have your email address to alert you to your prize. You can include that in your comment or email me separately at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must respond within 24 hours.
Contest ends 10/12/09