I figured it was time that I gave you a new recipe to try.
EVERYONE but Mr. Smiley hearts this gourmet chicken meal.
6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Pound chicken breast to flatten.
Here is the before picture:
Here is the after picture. By the way, this is an excellent meal to make if you are in a bad mood or angry!
2. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl (or plastic bag). Dip chicken in mixture to coat. Shake off excess flour. Chill.
Note: You don’t have to chill the chicken, but chilling seems to retard burning when sautéing.
3. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it sizzles.
4. Sauté chicken breast, 3 at a time, for 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Keep war until all are cooked.
(Yes, I know that there are more than three in the pan. But I have made this dish so many times that I take a little bit of liberty with the directions.)
5. Stir wine and lemon juice into drippings and scrape bottom of skillet to deglaze. Heat, but do not boil.
6. Return chicken to pan and turn to coat. Remove from pan. Pour pan juices over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and capers, if desired.
(see first picture – minus the parsley!)
P.S. Don’t forget to enter to win a copy of Crave. Come on! It’s a good book and it’s free!