Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Never much appreciated butternut squash . . . until last week.
I think I might include this item in my gardening plans this year.
Um. . . . that should speak volumes to you about said Curried Butternut Squash soup from The Nourished Kitchen. (Seriously, you really should consider subscribing to Jenny’s dinner menu plans (yes, I am an affiliate) . . . rich . . . yummy . . . . delicious . . . and easy (in a whole foods kind of way).
And this soup that I’m about to give you the recipe for (with Jenny’s permission) . . . is great for the dairy-free family.
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 2 shallots, peeled and diced
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 1-inch knob ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 2 cups chicken stock (I’ll give you my recipe soon!)
• 2 cups coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed stock pot over a moderate flame, then toss in shallots, garlic and ginger, frying until fragrant and translucent.
- Stir in chopped squash and fry until fragrant, about three or four minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Continue cooking for thirty minutes or until the squash is soft, then process in a Vitamix or with a food mill until smooth and uniform.
You won’t regret making this soup. You might even cry when it is gone. I almost did.