Elementary Round Up
Finding your groove is a good thing.
And finally . . . after 4 months from Naomi’s birth . . . we have a school routine that is working. It’s really quite simple. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner.
I think because I was married to the idea that school had to be in our dedicated school room and education had to be contained to our workboxes.
I still think workboxes are great.
what flowers will come up in our new house?)
But . . .
They are difficult when mom nurses a baby sitting on the comfortable couch several rooms away or when they have to be transported up a 1/2 flight of stairs or when they begin their workbox activity in one room . . . have all the pieces laid out on their desk . . . and mom leaves to begin a meal or feed the baby.
So, the routine.
Then . . . life occurs.
Bonus school happens in the afternoon while Gabe and Naomi are napping. Which means . . . right before dinner.
***** By the way . . . I was soooooo blessed that 7 of you linked up two weeks ago. Thanks so much! May it help you record events in your schoolroom. *******
What has been going on in your school room – and if you don’t have a blog to link up with . . . leave a comment and tell me what your family did in the Learning Room!
- Write a blog post about your elementary aged child(ren), first through sixth grade, comprising the activities you did the prior two weeks. You can include pictures, bullet points, tools used, learning gained, God moments, etc.
- Be sure to include a link back to my blog. By doing so, other like-minded readers can hang out in a central location if they are looking for Elementary School ideas. Publish your post and then head back to my site.
- Provide the exact link (URL) of the Elementary Round-UP blog post you wrote, not your blog’s home address, through the provided MckLinky.
- Optional: I would love it if you grabbed my blog button over on the side.
- You can combine this with other meme’s if that helps you to save time (as long as it is OK with the other blog owner).
BIG IMPORTANT HEART MOMENT: This isn’t a blog post to WOW other moms . . . the point of this is to help YOU document on YOUR blog what you and your child(ren) are learning. My link-up is only to provide some accountability. I won’t come and leave nasty comments on your blog if you don’t link up.