Gluten Free Chocolate Cake for Breakfast
At our house, I am the self-appointed Vice President of Fun. So one way this translates is that we have gluten free chocolate cake for breakfast. Now before you think I have lost my marbles, I have to warn you — it only has the appearance of cake.
And you can use your VitaMix to boot!
It is full of eggs and beans.
Cake for breakfast is really a gluten free, cocoa, baked item. We have used it for birthday’s, Classical Conversations mornings that require an easy breakfast, and as a snack.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Ingredients
- 30 ounces of canned or home-cooked black beans (don’t season them!)
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla (see recipe)
- 3/4 cup of melted butter or coconut oil (my favorite oil to make it dairy free)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I order this through Amazon Subscribe and Save)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain and rinse beans in a strainer.
- Place all ingredients in a large VitaMix container. I typically put the wet ingredients in first!
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 glass pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done.
Let sit overnight for the BEST flavor!! But immediately works too — especially if you are hungry. The cake can be iced or served with milk!!