Granola Mom’s Favorite Granola Recipe
I love coconut oil and attempt to put it into anything and everything. I decided that it was silly to continue to buy granola at the store for a ridiculous price.
- 8 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds (or any other type of nut you desire)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, raisins, or dates
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut and almonds. Divide between two large baking sheets, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 7 or 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly toasted. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then return to the large bowl.
- While the oats are toasting, combine the coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, and honey in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the syrup over the granola in the bowl, and stir until the dry ingredients are fully coated. Divide between the two baking sheets, and spread evenly.
- Bake up to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fragrant and toasted.
- Cool in the pans, then mix in the dried cranberries or other dried fruit. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Please note: For every extra cup of ingredients add 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 Tablespoons of honey.