If You Give A Mom A Book : I Love You Through And Through
I guess I lived in la-la land.
My precious boy has always been Mr. Smiley.
Until he started walking. Then he became Mr. Very Large Smile Boy.
And then . . . IT hit.
He suddenly became opinionated this week. Demanding. In need of discipleship. Nooooooo!!! I am not ready to give up my baby. I liked having two boys and a baby. Now I have three boys . . . who fight over toys. Three boys who all want to sit at the same small school table meant for ONE.
He even played with crayons for the first time.
He’s not allowed to
be opinionated grow up.
And he figured out how to hide from Mussoorie while he finished his Midel Graham Cracker. It made getting dinner a little difficult.
As I was very seriously contemplating giving the Hottie Hubby my resignation notice, God spoke to me through Mr. Smiley’s bed-time book last night.
If you give a mom a book, she just might remember all of the things she loves about her child.
And then she might smell the top of his head and allow his curls to graze her cheeks.
If his curls graze her face, she just might rock him a little longer. And if she rocks him longer, her baby will probably smile at her. When he smiles at her, she will forget that he threw his plate of food 3 different times that day.
And if she forgets about the mess she had to clean up 3 different times . . .
She’ll remember that God loves her through and through . . . yesterday, today, and tomorrow too.
What did you read this week?
If you don’t know what a Sustaining Book is check out my first blog post on this topic, If You Give a Mom a Book.
- What is one book that stood out to you this week?
- What was the title of the book, and who were the author(s) and illustrator(s)?
- What conversations did it spark between you and your child?
- Did the book come up randomly in conversation at some point causing your child to create an application on their own?
- Set the scene—where did you sit?
- Did you have anything yummy to eat or drink while reading?
- Was music playing?
- How did reading together help your day?
- What was the story about?
- Did you like the illustrations?
- What was your favorite part about snuggling?
- Why was your book a Sustaining Book?
- Link up 1x a week. My goal is to post every Friday.
- Pick one book—your favorite book from that week.
- Use any one of the suggestions I listed above to include in your post.
- Grab my button on the sidebar to compliment your blog post.
- Enter the exact blog post address in Mr. MckLinky!
- Leave me a comment that you linked up!