McFamily Homeschool Weekly Wrap-Up
This week flew by, seeming to usher in warmer temperatures, daffodil buds, rain, and ants. Our penchant for the great outdoors, makes me feel like we didn’t do as much homeschooling as normal, though their planners tell me otherwise.
What I’m Excited About
My friend, Trisha, sent me an email recently and she has a new chalk pastel course out — Essential Oil Chalk Pastels! I’m looking forward to this creative outlet that combines art and the aromas we love!
Speaking of art, Naomi decided to paint yesterday and then bring her palate from the school room into the kitchen alone. She had a paint tattoo on her foot. So did the floor.
Otherwise, we pretty much did the same old same old, except Naomi makes everything a display. She also has been working hard at earning money so that she can purchase The Greatest Showman CD.
Logic of English Update
All these years, and this week I just learned that “ck” only comes after a short vowel.
I remember loving teaching Across Five Aprils — so it is super fun to read it with my kiddos now!
- The candlelight was like pure gold, and his teacher’s shadow against the wall was like a picture.
- But you remember, Jeth, that it took far more courage for Bill to do what he did than it does for John and me to carry out our plans next week.
- Shadrach raised a black eyebrow. “Thou too, Brutus? he asked, grinning a little sourly. Jethro did not understand the allusion, and Shadrach seemed to be in no mood for explanations.
Both Naomi and Gabe will be finishing the Math-U-See and moving on really soon. That’s always exciting!
Mom’s Been Learning
In many ways, I feel like I have been learning way more than my kids.
For example, we are all beautiful. Own it. Post a picture of it somewhere and encourage other women in your life to do the same.
For example, I gained a new life skill this week by taking labels off of used bottles.
And I surprised myself, by finally reading that Lucy Libido book on my 2018 Reading list — and teaching what I am learning in my personal Facebook group. So, I’m saying some taboo words that really shouldn’t be so taboo, because the good Lord saw that it was good!!!!!
If you’d like to learn about using essential oils in the bedroom and you aren’t yet a Young Living member, I’d love to help you get started. It’s actually a great month to join Young Living because the new Desert Mist diffuser is included. And it is just so pretty. Not to mention, a sample of Thieves Cleaner is now included.
But if you think that money is an issue — we need to talk. And if you think your husband will have an issue with your oils, we REALLY need to talk. If you learn to use essential oils in the bedroom, he’ll give you an unlimited budget.
Just kidding. Kind of.
Next Steps for Your Bedroom (and Homeschool too)
- Join Young Living using this link.
- Sign up for our free oily community once you have become a Young Living member. Use your new Young Living number. Just so you know, if you choose to support your essential oil habit by building a home based business, you can invite your team/friends/downline to utilize our website too!
So that’s a wrap — add another 5 days to our 110 from last week.
Feel free to follow us on Instagram. I use the hashtag #mcfamilyhomeschool201718 to represent this school year!
How Was Your Week?
What did you learn, mama!???