My First Wordless Wednesday!
Wordless Wednesday has given me the opportunity to post some photos from our first “camping with THREE kids” experience.
The Loser Cruiser (our van) was a little bit full. We almost didn’t have room for the kiddos! Just kidding.
However, on our way home we picked up one more furry friend, Sadie. Sadie happens to be Mussie’s sister and is currently staying with us while her dad is out of town. Wondering where she rested her paws? Mussie ended up sitting in the front seat with me, while Sadie sat with the boys wondering what she got herself into. Did I mention that both dogs are large?
- Make a checklist for each camping tub describing its contents and affix it to said tub. Leave your “stuff” permanently in that tub.
- Bring your dog’s leash.
- It is easier to camp without your dog. Your dog can’t go to the pool or into a cave or on a boat ride through a cave or into Starbucks. Your dog also tracks muddy footprints into your tent.
- Bikes for your children are a must!
- Electricity can be nice while camping. Don’t be stubborn and cheap and use a primitive site. Electric campsites allow you to have fans and sound machines in your tent.
- You CAN cloth diaper while camping!
- It is possible to eat easily and healthy while camping. (But I am probably the only woman who would insist on bringing our raw milk, in a glass bottle, camping.)
- Use Google Earth to pick out your campsite!
Let me explain this next picture. There is one aspect of me . . . and unfortunately my children, that isn’t so granola. In fact, I even wrote to this certain business displayed in my son’s hand, and asked them to put a store near our house. And I currently am sitting in that store. I’m not saying that I brought the store here . . . but maybe they did listen to my suggestion.
Check out Mr. Smackdown’s face in back! I love it! Mr. Smiley isn’t so smiley here. Poor guy, he was getting in some teeth during the duration of our camping experience. Praise God I am still nursing. That would have been a few long nights!