15 Dollar Gift Certificate from EcoMom
I used to think that our whole foods diet was enough. In a perfect world, we would get all of the nutrition we need from our mostly organic fare.
However, we don’t always eat perfectly.
Ahem, read between the lines: our bodies need some help acquiring all the nutrients necessary to run efficiently.
With so many supplements sitting on shelves in the stores, how do you know what is a good one and what is basically cardboard?
Here are some tips:
- stay away from synthetic vitamins and opt for food based supplements
- choose vitamins with less that 1 gram of natural sugar (avoid high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners)
- avoid artificial flavors, hydrogenated oils, and synthetic dyes
- pick a vitamin that is free from allergens (milk, yeast, gluten, wheat, etc.)
- look for rich mineral content
- check to make sure that the vitamin is produced under high quality manufacturing standards
- if possible, find a vitamin that has a probiotic bend included . . . if not, be sure to give your child their daily dose of good bacteria
Does SmartyPants Gummy Vitamins match my criteria?
Yes and no.
The below paragraph is a description of the vitamin:
SmartyPants Gummies only have 5g of Organic cane sugar per serving (that is 80% LESS sugar than in a glass of unsweetened apple juice). SmartyPants are made with only natural colors and flavors and no High Fructose Corn Syrup. They are also gluten- and casein-free. They never use any fake or artificial flavors, sweeteners, or dyes that are bad for your kids! Their Omega 3 DHA and EPA fish oil comes from eco-friendly sustainable small fish sources. No unsustainable tuna or contaminated fish!
My main bug-a-boo would be the sugar content . . . which does make this vitamin yummy! By the way, the vitamin flavors are lemon, orange and cherry. (Cherry was our favorite!) We were all quite happy taking our
candy vitamin everyday. I could see that this vitamin would be a hit for the fussy eater who is lacking in the nutritional arena of their body.
SmartyPants Gummy Vitamins are available at EcoMom for $21.95. To be honest, this makes choosing SmartyPants as our children’s daily vitamin out of the question. One bottle would not even last us half of a month, and Naomi isn’t even taking them yet. SmartyPants are available for autoship at $17.95, with the first month only being $8.95.
Because EcoMom is such a great company, they are offering a giveaway to my readers. Enter to win . . .
a $15 gift certificate to be used at the EcoMom online store.
How to Enter (and yes my friends and family can enter . . . I use www.random.org to pick the winner . . . and you aren’t friends with Mr. Random. No one is. So enter to win ON MY BLOG NOT through a FACEBOOK COMMENT.)
When you leave a comment, make sure you are signed into DISQUE or you LEAVE your email address.
Mandatory: Click on the following link and sign up to receive the EcoMom newsletter.
Optional Entries (meaning write a new and separate comment for each)
- Become a fan of my blog (look over on the right sidebar) and tell me that you are or already were. A little avatar will show up when you follow me through Google Connect.
- Subscribe to the Granola Mom 4 God Feedburner – meaning you will get me in your in-box!
- Visit Eco-friendly Baby Products – EcoMom and tell me what you would purchase with your $15 gift certificate.
- Follow EcoMomCEO on Twitter.
- Become a fan of EcoMom on Facebook and let me know.
- Purchase something from EcoMom using the 15% discount code (SBBL432) and give yourself ten entries.
Giveaway Ends: November 29, 2010 Midnight.
US and Canada residents only!
P.S. Just so you know . . . I received this product for free and could freely express my thoughts and opinions. I was not paid for this post nor do I have to return the product.
P.S. #2 . . . Check out the EcoPass. It will allow you to purchase a $99 annual membership, which provides for a 15% discount on every order, as well as free shipping with no $75 minimum requirement.
P.S. #3 . . . . If you won this giveaway last time, you can not win again! Sorry! We need to allow new people to try out EcoMom!