Smoothies Don’t Need a Recipe
Smoothies don’t need a recipe. Embrace this fact. Because if you can, you’ll allow your children to learn to make smoothies. And when they learn to make smoothies, they begin to eat more vegetables.
Possible Vitamix Smoothie Ingredients
- spinach (always put this green in the Vitamix container first)
- frozen fruit: pineapple, mixed berries, and DEFINETELY frozen bananas (Note: we tried frozen grapes but we did NOT like the grape skin in our smoothie)
- raw, free-range eggs from a local farmer
- almond, coconut, or raw milk
- raw honey or Stevia
- coconut oil (but you only add this AS the Vitamix is running on HIGH)
- countertop yogurt
- Dutch-pressed cocoa
Blend all ingredients together. For a thicker consistency, use more frozen fruit and less liquid.
My kids prefer their smoothies in a Mason jar with a metal straw.
But a lid on said Mason Jar is even better.