Tektoma — A Review
I know that many of you may think that I appear very computer literate.
But I’m not.
I may be a decent playwright at best (I can’t be an actor because you aren’t watching me right now–praise the Lord). I can talk a good lingo and nod my head. I have a few html tricks up my sleeve . . . many of which I learned from being a part of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew. But when it comes down to it, I learned it all from my husband or Google answered my question.
But when it came to understanding the product we were given a 3-month free subscription to . . . I must admit that I was a little stumped at first. I didn’t understand what exactly Tektoma did . . .
What is Tektoma?
Tektoma is dedicated to providing children with high quality tutorials to teach game programming within a secure, monitored website. It is a perfect avenue for homeschooled children to learn advanced computer skills.
- Engaging video tutorials for ages 7-17 (I watched one!)
- Tutorials of varying skill levels and topics (I stuck with the basics.)
- Learn at your own pace in the comfort of your home
- Natural progression helps develop technical skills
- Customize your learning experience
- Low monthly membership fee gives access to all our resources ($14.95/month or $140/year)
- New curriculums available monthly
- If you have questions while creating, members have access to a Member Forum, Tektoma blog, or they can just send an email.
Creating my own computer game doesn’t hold a whole lot of interest to me . . . but people often say that to me about Twitter, or blogging, or sewing, or gardening. They don’t see the fascination. I think these must be the people who play golf. Just kidding. Although, I don’t understand what is so exciting about golf or baseball. Give me football any day, even though I have yet to understand the game . . . sad for a woman whose husband played football well into college.
- Currently, the tutorials are for computers running Windows XP or Vista only. Macintosh versions coming in the future.
- Broadband internet connection
- Any browser should work, but make sure it is a current version
Click on the Homeschool Crew banner to read other reviews on this product.