Tot School: 27 months
Mr. Smiley, age 27 months
Because our new school room doesn’t have a lot of storage we are using his old Tot Shelf for storage instead. Therefore, Mr. Smiley now finds his Tot Trays on the hearth, 3 per day. While Mr. Smackdown and Sir Honey Velcro their way through workboxes, Mr. Smiley has been happily occupied exploring his trays.
- exploration tub filled with rocks, marbles, army guys, plastic jewels and cork
- counting bears/stacking cups
Smiley really enjoyed filling and dumping his stacking cups with bears.
- A friend and I split some counting disks from Oriental Trading. I let Smiley’s imagination do the work . . . he decided to fill the muffin tin with the disks. Each time he put a new disk in, I told him what color it was.
- Another fun purchase from Oriental Trading – counting links. His brothers had to use chop sticks to pick them up, but Smiley grabbed them by the handful and placed them in a container.
- placing Styrofoam peanuts in a bucket
- Instead of reading books, Mr. Smiley stacked his library books!
Mr. Smackdown started soccer at our church. Smiley was a great assistant coach.
He took his first shower and adored the experience. Pictured with him is Leon, his very special “night night” animal.
My Favorite (s)
I know he will hate me for this one day but I just can’t resist. Mr. Smackdown recently celebrated his 6th birthday. As a treat, their Nana (my mom) brought all three boys a balloon.
BUT . . . Smiley’s balloon got just out of his reach.
One second later . . . there, there that’s better.
For more Tot School ideas, head on over to 1+1+1=1!