Totally Tasty Tomato Soup
Only a few soups are universally agreed upon as tasty in our household.
Tomato soup is one of them.
I am looking forward to the day when we can have a sprouted grilled cheese dunked in homemade tomato soup. I have wheat berries sprouting right now for such an occasion.
Whenever we traveled anywhere in India, the trains always served grilled cheese and tomato soup. I would love to get my hands on “Indian Train Ride Tomato Soup.”
This recipe will have to suffice.
My kids like it, and so do I.
Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 garlic clove (I probably use 2-3), peeled and minced (my favorite garlic press)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup basil (don’t skimp)
- 2 large cans diced tomatoes (or from your garden)
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes. I often go for a caramelized onion. Nothing like having tomato soup also remind you of onion rings.
- Add garlic and cook until the garlic oil has permeated every room in your home (about 2 minutes).
- Plop tomatoes in while you wear an apron.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once your soup begins to burp, reduce heat and allow your red deliciousness to simmer for 10 minutes.
- To make your soup have the WOW-Factor, add basil and vinegar.
6. With your VitaMix ($25 coupon) or an immersion blender, blend new ingredients well.
For other recipes, head on over to my virtual cookbook.