Vitamix Apple Butternut Squash Soup
A cutting board. A knife. A Vitamix.
Resist the urge to pre-cook your butternut squash.
Apple Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 pound peeled butternut squash, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- apple cut into quarters – leave the seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock (but I cheated and used store bought chicken broth)
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt (this is what I use)
- dash of Olive Oil
- dill or Italian herbs to season
- 1/2 cup of countertop yogurt (optional)
Seriously. Vitamix recipes are the easiest blog posts to write. Stick it all in the Vitamix, except the Italian herbs and yogurt.
Run on high speed, level 10 for approximately 10-12 minutes.
In hindsight: I would have caramelized the onions for better flavor. But that’s just me!
Serves approximately 2-3.
For more 31 Days of Vitamixing . . . follow the Vitamix Container!